Permanent Residence Visa
Skilled Independent Residence Visa
(subclass 175, 176, 885, 886 etc)
You can apply to this visa depending on your skills and experiences. To be successful, you need to have sufficient points in points test.
Conditions of application:
- Age: Must older than 18 years of age and under 45 years of age when you lodged your application
- Occupation: Must be listed in occupation list, and must be passed the skill assessment
- English language ability: Must have at least 6.0 in all section of IELTS (Some occupation requires at least 5.0)
- Work Experience: Must have more than 12 months experience, within 24 months from the lodge of your application
- Exemption of work experience: When you study fulltime in Australia for more than 2 years, and obtaining certificate higher than diploma (For some occupation, higher than certificate III), and applied within 6 months after the course finished
- Occupation point (60, 50, 40 depends on the occupation)
- Age point (30 points for aged under 30 years of age, and lose every 5 points when gets every 5 years older)
- English language ability point (15 points for 5.0, 25 points for over 7.0 in IELTS)
- Degree point (5 points for studying in Australia more than 2 years, 15/25 points, depends on your degree and length of study)
- Work Experience point (5 or 10 points for work experience, more than 3 years in the past 4 years)
- Work Experience in Australia (10 points for working in Australia more than 1 year in the past four years)
- Foreign Language Point (5 points for obtaining degree other than English)
120 points/100 points (If you have a relative in Australia, or sponsored by state government)
Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 856, 121 etc)
You can apply to this visa if your employer sponsors you.
Conditions of application:
Experience: Must have sufficient qualifications and experience in the occupation which is nominated in Employer Nomination Scheme Occupation List (ENSOL)
Age: Must under 45 years of age
English language ability: Must have over 5.0 in all section of IELTS
Other: Must have been working in Australia for more than 2 years with holding government appointed visa, such as Long Business Visas, and must have passed the Migration Skills Assessment under the nominated occupation with more than 3 years of experience
Business Related Visas
(For Business Owners, Independent Executives and Investors)
If you have a proud achievement in your own business, you are eligible to apply for Business Related visa. To apply this visa, you must acquire 4 years of temporary visa, and set up your business or make investments. If you meet the requirements, then you are able to apply for permanent residency. The requirement for obtaining this visa is very strict, you will be assessed your English language ability, assets and the former business performances. However if you are sponsored by the state government, your assessment will be mitigated to some extent.
Family Related Visas (Including Parent, Partner and Fiancée)
This visa aims to bring over parents from overseas, sponsored by the child who is a resident of Australia. To sponsor your parent, you must have obtained permanent residency of Australia or citizenship of Australia for more than six months (Family Balance Test). Because the annual number of issuance of this visa is limited, there is a long waiting period. The Contributory visa was introduced in 2003 to shorten this waiting period.
Partner Category Visa
If you have (1)marriage (2)de facto (include same- sex relationship) relationship with Australian citizen or permanent residents, and if they are sponsoring you, you are eligible to apply for Partner category Visa.
You can apply for Fiancée Visa, if your relationship with your Australian citizen or permanent resident is with a view to marriage. You only can apply for this visa from overseas. You must get married within 9 months after you acquired this visa, and then apply for partner visa.